The Real Life James Bond
Today I started reading the incredible true story of Dusko Popov in Larry Loftis's "Into the Lion's Mouth."
Popov was considered by many to be the real life James Bond. Why?
- He was a spy for Britain
- He was a double agent for Serbia
- He was a double agent for Germany
- He had a penchant for "sports cars and sporting girls"
- He was an incredible card player
- Oh, and his MI6 handler during World War II was none other than Ian Flemming, who went on to write the James Bond novels...